Wednesday 24 April 2013

Confessions of a TV Addict

I'm coming clean, I have a ridiculous obsession with TV. I watch literally everything! Drama, comedy, reality, documentary's, fantasy or crime, it doesn't matter my preferences show no bias to genre. I don't even know how it happens, I just get hooked!

 It started at a young age too, when I was little I was hooked to our shiny sky box and would watch endless hours of Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. I was also into ALL the soaps, even the rubbish ones with the bad actors, much to my parents annoyance. As I grew into a teenager I grew to love channel 4, E4, Living TV and MTV. I was having a very involved relationship with The Hills, The O.C, Will and Grace and that is just to name a few. My friends enabled me too, they at the time were just as bad and we would spend hours discussing the characters and the dramatic plot twists. To bring it back to present day, I haven't out grown this obsession it has only magnified and now I find myself watching 30 plus programmes. EXCESSIVE I know, but it does land me in the position to be able to analyse, compare and critique the new kids on the TV block, as well as allowing me to continuously re-evaluate my opinions of the long haul programmes deciding if they should be renewed at the end of the series. (as if my opinions really matter) 

This has led me to decided I am going to do a little series of posts about the TV I am loving at the minute. It will vary from trashy telly to serious ground breaking pieces and I will be completely honest about everything.   So then you will know whether things are worth a watch, plus if your looking for a new series to watch on a Sunday afternoon on a hangover you can skim through my reviews without much effort.

 So let me know if there's anything you would like to see reviewed and I will do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment