Sunday 15 September 2013

Most Used Night Out Cosmetics

Today I thought I would share with you the beauty bits I use most often when I am going on nights out, which is a little bit less than when I was a student and out nearly every night. Due to the fact I have visited many a night club in many different settings I feel as I am suitably qualified to recommend the best of the best for a night club face of make-up.



FACE

I love this foundation, especially for a night out. It is hydrating and great coverage if your skin is having a good day and usually I will use some concealer too anyway. It just gives you such a radiant glow on your face and it isn't in the least bit drying on my very dry prone skin. The only think I would say is that it does contain SPF which isn't the greatest if you are being photographed with a flash. I personally usually like to to avoid photos on a night out especially if I have had a couple of drinks so that doesn't matter as much to me.

This is one of my holy grail products no matter what the occasion. It is cheap, comes in a good range of colours and does the job just as well as any high end version. I use the translucent shade as I only really powder my t-zone on and under eye concealer to lock it in. My skin is pretty dry so I barely get oily anyway, but in a night club with the heat and lights you definitely need a good powder in your clutch bag.

I love a bit of a bronzed look especially if you a wearing a bit of tan on a night out. This is a brilliant shade, and it also is good for an all over bronzed look or for a spot of contouring. It isn't too orange like some other bronzers so it works on a variety of skin tones. Another one for the clutch bag on any night out.

An important step to my make-up routine especially on a night out is highlighter. Mac do a number of gorgeous mineralize skin finish's and soft and gentle is a gorgeous pinky/champagney colour which is just perfect for my skin tone. It also adds a lovely shimmer which I think just nicely tops off an evening make-up look.

BROWS

My own brows are very sparse at the front so they always need a bit of subtle filling in day to day. On a night out if I'm going more subtle on the eye with a bright lip I like to incorporate a bit of a statement brow. Squaring of my brows and making them more of a feature. To achieve this look I use charcoal brown eyshadow from mac and it is the perfect product for a subtle or more bold look.

EYES

On a night out I love a shimmery golden eye look. Woodwinked is just the most perfect colour for a beautiful golden smokey eye. The colour is extremely pigmented so you don't even need a lot of product. It blends out beautifully and as long as I use a good primer the colour stays put all night. 

To add to my lovely smokey eye I always like to use a bit of smudgy kohl liner and the Mac offering is the perfect product. It is a really good black and doesn't come out looking grey at all, and also you can have it perfect or smudged out and it looks great.

Another eye shadow I like to use is Nars night clubbing. It is a gorgeous pigmented black with gold flecks through it. It looks beautiful on the lid or even through the crease with another colour. It blends beautifully but there is often a bit of fall down so your better using this eye shadow before applying concealer.

Personally I don't desperately need a primer as my skin isn't very oily, but on a night out I defintely like to use one to be safe. Smashbox are famous for their amazing primers and their eye variety is just fantastic. My array of eye products stay put the whole night which is just what you are after from an eye primer.

Mascara is my number one product full stop. I am very fair haired and my lashes are unfortunately blonde, and I have stopped tinted them after an unfortunate salon experience put me off. This means that mascara is an important product, YSL mascaras are just unbelievable for my lashes. I don't always wear fake lashes and if I decide not to then this product makes up for it. It gives you length and volume without clumping and is so easy to use. I could not rave and gush about this product more.

When I am going for a bold lip look on a night out, I usually opt for a simple bit of winged liner on the eye. So for these occasions I love L'Oreal gel liner for this, it is cheap, glides on the eye beautifully and stays on all night.

LIPS

I love a bit of red lipstick on a night out, especially if I am keeping everything else very stream lined and simple. YSL do the most gorgeous lipsticks and amazing vast shades of colour. I love the matte finish on these lipsticks, and also how pigmented the colour is. I would suggest using a lip liner as the colour being so bright it can smudge but other than that its the perfect lipstick to rock on a night out.

FINISHING TOUCHES

To top of your entire look you have to have fabulous nails! Recently I have found that Topshops makeup is just amazing, especially their nail polish. I love a red nail varnish like I said with lips especially if you are wearing an LBD or just a simple outfit.

Just before I leave the house I must spritz my face with this make-up setting spray. It is just amazing it sets your make-up for the night and just ensures that everything stays put in the sweaty night clubs. I usually carry a little travel sized bottle in my clutch bag for those night when it gets particularly hot.

11 comments:

  1. Loved this post :) I can't live without my MAC skin finish! Really loving your blog :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I know I am the same it is the perfect product to give you that glow! x

      Delete
  2. These look perfect for a gorgeous night out make-up :) I had a similar mascara but didn´t like it that much :/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really! I have definitely learnt that everyone has different lashes and you have to go with a mascara that suits you! Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  3. I use a MAC MSF when i go out also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a good product, I love lipstick too! Thanks for reading!! x

      Delete
  4. The red lipstick also looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these products look absolutely amazing! Woodwinked is also one of my most used eyeshadows - it's just the perfect colour for everyday use!

    Hayfa
    http://londonloafers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been lusting over the Mac Mineralize for a while now, it looks like such a great highlighter! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a beautiful and luxurious collection! I also love Rimmel's Stay Matte powder.

    Thanks for checking out my blog! Im now following if you want to follow back :D

    Alice x
    http://alicepalacee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soft and Gentle is my favourite highlighter too!! :-)))

    MJ
    http://mjintheskywithglitter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete