Wednesday 18 September 2013

Ojon Hair Product Review




In the beauty world I have heard nothing but rave reviews about Ojon hair products, I noticed I had a few products kicking about so I decided I would give them a try. Both of these products my mum had given me a couple of months ago and I totally forgot about them so it is about time I try them out. I had the Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment which is an oil based hair mask for dry, damaged, colour treated  hair and the Ojon Hair Rub Out Dry Cleanser which is a dry shampoo product to use between washes. I decided to use both products over a 3 week period to get the best opinion on them.

The first product I used was the Ojon Hair Rub Out Dry Cleanser because I was in a rush and didn't have time to wash my hair in the shower that morning. I gave the bottle a shake as instructed then spritzed it into my roots and under my hair where its particularly oily. The first thing I noticed was that it wasn't a really 
white powder that came out of the bottle, although I am blonde I don't like a really noticeable white powder in my hair. On days where I have ran out of dry shampoo I will resort to talcum powder between washes, and I find it really effective but I hate the feeling of the residue left in my hair even if you aren't able to see it.
The cleanser instantly refreshed my oily hair and also gave it a nice amount of volume, my hair definitely looked a lot cleaner and nicer. After using it for a few weeks I love the product and will definitely repurchase as it is a very good product. The only two things I would say is that it is a little pricey and I do think there are  products that are just as good especially if you are fair haired like myself. I also would advise shaking the bottle before use every time otherwise the nozzle will end up clogged and you won't be able to use it. All in all I think this is a really great product if you have the budget for it, and it really does completely refresh you hair beautifully between washes.

I don't often use a lot of heat on my hair, I let it dry naturally most of the time and I hardly ever straighten or curl it either. The one thing I do, is get my hair highlighted which I have found really leaves my hair dry and damaged especially at the ends. So I am always on the hunt for a really good hair mask to hydrate and repair my hair. On a Sunday at the beginning of the month I decided to relax, have a bath and try the Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. The treatment comes as a solid sort of waxy product that you warm between you hands and it quickly melts into an oil. I applied it to the roots of my hair then to the ends and concentrating on the ends as it is the most damaged are of my hair. The smell of the product is really strange I would almost describe it as woody, and I am really not fond of it. I washed the product off after ten minutes, and then shampooed and conditioned my hair as the product was extremely oily, and my hair can be very oily anyway. I also was keen to get rid of the strange smell as I really didn't like it. After I blow dryed my hair I noticed it felt really soft and smooth and genuinely seemed in better condition than before. I was immediately very impressed and decided to use it at the same time next week. I have now used the product three times and have noticed my hair is less damaged look and is shiny and smooth through out the week. I really like this product, I just wish it didn't have such a strange smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment