Thursday 12 September 2013

Simple Pixie Lott Inspired Make-up Look



Pixie Lott is a young and gorgeous singer I love her music the way she dresses and also her make-up looks. After skimming through different social media websites looking at photos of her make-up looks I decided to do a simple, every day look that would be easy to recreate and also something you could wear whenever. This is also a look that she rocked when she first started out and also I have seen her wear it in more recent photos too. Hope you enjoy this make-up look let me know what else you would like to see!







Pixie always has a flawless finish look to her skin so I took the Make Up Forver HD Foundation and applied it with a buffing brush to my entire face and down the neck. I also took the Vichy Dermablend Foundation Stick using it as a concealer and covering any redness and blemishes to achieve the flawless coverage look. I then used the Nars Laguna Bronzer to contour and add colour to my face. Pixie has very defined cheek bones so I carefully contoured mine to try and achieve a similar look. To finish the look up I used the Topshop Glow Cream Highlighter in Polished on my brow bone, inner corner and top of the cheek bones. Pixie always has a lovely glow this product was perfect to recreate that in the look.

                                


Pixie has brows with a nice shape and arch so I took a bit of Mac Charcoal Brown Eye shadow on an angled brush and filled them into to try and best match Pixie's brows. For Pixie's signature cat winged eyeliner and smokey eye look I applied a bit of Mac Painterly Paint Pot to even out the surface first of all. Then I took a bit of the Charcoal Brown that I used on the brows through the crease with a fluffy brush to create a bit of definition in the socket. For the main event I took Maybeline Gel Liner in Black and applied it in a cat eye shape onto the lid. I then took the product underneath the eye and smudged it to smoke it out a bit. For lashes I took Maybeline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara and applied it generously to the top and bottom lashes. Pixie wears her mascara particularly thick and because I didn't want to use lashes as it is a simple, everyday look I used a bit of talc. I got some Talcum Powder and dipped a cotton bud into it and applied the talc in between layers of mascara to thicken the lashes for extra volume.







Pixie during the day always opps for a very nude lip which I decided to achieve with Mac Creme d'Nude Lipstick. It is the perfect muted nude colour and probably the sort of shade Pixie would use day to day. On me this colour washes me out I need a bit of pink in my lip colour for it to be flattering. To solve this problem I decided to apply a slick of Nars Turkish Delight Lip gloss apparently a shade Kim Kardashian wore a lot. The pink in the lip gloss added the needed oompf to the colour and finished off the whole look beautifully and off course added a nice gloss on top of the lipstick.





Thank You to @sammcarr on twitter for letting me use his picture for this post! Follow him!


3 comments:

  1. i have to try out the makeup forever HD foundation. so many people use it! is it one of your favorites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look looks so good on you, shall have to have a whirl at it myself! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this makeup look on you! Looks lovely!
    Sophie
    x

    www.sophiejenner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete