Friday 11 October 2013

Monthly Favourites #2

September



This month I have been on a bit of a spending spree, especially in boots. I swear I should have shares in that company because I spend so much money in there, but the points system is amazing I must admit! I have also been on a bit of a skincare binge too, as it is getting colder and my dry skin will no doubt be acting up! Okay so here is my round up of monthly faves!


Soap and Glory Glow Lotion - My best friend swears by this product and when we were away on holiday I spent so much time laughing at her applying this 24/7. When we got home I noticed I had a bottle which must have been in a set I got for Xmas and decided to give it a whirl on my next night out. After I applied a bit of fake tan to my body I put a small pump into my hand and rubbed it all over my chest, arms and legs. Straight away I noticed it gave my body a lovely glow and just complimented the tan. I have used it with instant and build up tan and haven't noticed it effecting either or causing streaks. It's quite subtle but I just think it makes you look a little more toned and definitely adds something if your rocking a simple LBD. It also has the typical gorgeous soap and glory smell which is a definite plus!

Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Boost - Okay so this product is hyped up so much by all the beauty bloggers because the amazing Caroline Hirons recommends it. I have extremely dry skin which tends to be very dehydrated especially in the colder months of the year so obviously I was drawn to this product. I usually use it in the morning under my foundation as I find it makes my foundation go on so smoothly and the finish is just gorgeous. Genuinely the first time I used this product I noticed how smooth my skin felt and how nice it was to put moisturiser on top off. After a month of using it my skin looks and feels more hydrated and I just find my skin is less flaky and has more of a glow. I know I will repurchase this again and again.

Real Techniques Buffing Brush - This is actually my second purchase of this brush, I lost my first one and ended up using my expert face brush for ages. I was in Boots and there was a deal on so naturally I just had to get some new real techniques brushes haha! I am so happy I repurchased the buffing brush because I had forgotten how my I loved it and how well it works to buff in my medium coverage foundations. I find this brush just gives such an even finish and also is just really easy to use, I would recommend it for anyone especially for beginners.

Mac Eyeshadow in Sable - I have had this shade for a while and have just got back into using it again as we getting into Autumn. It is a gorgeous purple/brow shimmer that blends beautifully into the lid. I love it packed all over the lid or in the crease with Brun eye shadow or Woodwinked. It is perfect for a smoky eye or you can apply it opaquely for a subtle day look. I also love it blended in with a bit of Mac's Cranberry for a purple/red eye look which is fab for Autumn. Sable is definitely always going to be a permanent shade in my Mac palette. 

Asda Tweezers - This may sound like a strange thing to have in my favourites, but these are my favourite tweezers and they genuinely cost around £1.50. I guess tweezers are for one thing only and that's taming those brows into gorgeous arched beauties, so it may seem strange that I am raving about this particular pair. I guess it is just the fact that they are so cheap but last forever and are perfect for grabbing even the most tiny and hard to get hair. Bottom line you need tweezers go to Asda!

Loreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution - I recently bought this product on recommendation from a friend and I had also seen it reviewed a lot as a great bargain skin care product. It literally melts off all the make-up I have on and with a little bit more effort also any water-proof make-up too. It is really gentle and is alcohol and fragrance free so it is a great make-up remover for more sensitive skin. I use it on lazy days when I'm tired or after a night out when I can't be bothered with my cleansing balms. This is quick, easy, inexpensive and best of all a very good product.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer -  I am a bit of a concealer hoarder, I can never find one I really love so I purchase tones of them and just keep trying new products. I have previously used the Wake Me Up foundation and all though under certain lights it could be a tad shimmery I really loved it. This concealer is great for applying under the eyes and around the nose as it is illuminating and wakes up the entire area. I always buy my under eye concealers a few shades lighter so that I can achieve that Kardashian cheek bone lift look. This product is perfect for achieving that sort of look and is just lovely and creamy and also has a high level of coverage too.

5 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Real Techniques brushes - they look amazing!

    Alice x
    http://alicepalacee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally need to, they are amazing!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Buffing Brush!! Its incredible! I swear by that Micellar Water aswel!!

    Cint @ Makeup and Messes X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about sable and a lot of people recommend it! May have to pick it up on my next trip to Mac :) Wonderful post!

    Jenny
    xx

    somelikeitstyled.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE my Micellar Solution from L'oreal it makes my skin so soft :3

    Daena

    http://www.daenabe.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/8578801

    ReplyDelete