Thursday 12 June 2014

Shopping my Stash & Discovering a Delightful Dupe



So lately I have been trying my best to "Shop my Stash" and not buy cosmetic I don't really need (even though I feel like I need everything I own). I was doing a two week jaunt around Europe visiting Prague, Amsterdam and Berlin and needed to save the penny's for that of course. In my attempts to be good and save I ended up coming across some amazing things that had been forgotten in the back of my stash. So this post is dedicated to the product I have fallen in love with all over again, and feel quite ashamed of the fact it lay neglected in my drawer for so long. 

This product is from the Laura Geller Tropic Hues Collection that was available from QVC a few years ago. I know this may be terribly unhelpful as I am not sure whether you can get your hands on it now,but this post is more about not neglecting the products you already have as well raving about this blush. The shade is Blush N' Brighten and it is this gorgeous peach, gold and pink marble affect blush that is just beautiful across the apple of your cheeks. 

The product sort of doubles as a blush and a highlighter in one, and just gives the most golden dewy glow to the cheeks. It is the perfect product for Summer to just toss in your bag to compliment your tan while your on your holidays. I have also noted that it is a dupe for the coveted Mac Stereo Rose Blusher that everyone was trying to get their hands on a few years ago. I was one of many that unfortunately didn't get the skin finish before it sold out, so having this little beaut has definitely softened that beauty blow. 

All in all I think my point is that before you run out to your favourite drug store or department store to buy that new lipstick or bronzer you have got to have, take a little look right in the back of your own collection because I am sure we all overlook the very best products we already own. 

1 comment: