Monday 11 August 2014

Neutral Nails | Wedding Guest Inspiration


I am attending a Wedding of some close friends on Saturday and have been hunting my stash for the perfect nail colour for the occasion and decided to share my finds with you all. I decided I wanted a really pretty pastel or neutral shade to go with my cream dress, and these are the four that I liked the best.

Firstly I have the Loreal Color Riche polish in Peach Negligee, I kind of think that it is a strange name for the colour because I wouldn't describe it as a peach colour. Regardless it is just the most beautiful nude colour and is actually fairly opaque for the lightness of the colour. It is the perfect alternative to white which is really on trend at the minute. Personally I don't like the white nails on myself because I think you need a deep tan or it can look a bit like you have painted your nails with tippex. Another bonus is that it is the kind of colour that will go with any outfit, and you could go crazy with rings and bracelets if you are wearing something simple and it wouldn't be too much. 

Next I have a darker colour which is Essie's Chincilly, this is probably the colour I have reached for the most in the last few months. It is a gorgeous warm grey colour with a purple, warm undertone, it is so so gorgeous all year round. This colour is so pretty and would look fantastic with a pretty two peice or suit and if you were to wear an outfit with a graphic pattern then it would be a great simple nail look that doesnt clash with your outifit. Essie polish is of course fantastic quality too, so it is going to last really well with a good top coat.

Then I have the gorgeous gold metallic shade from Kate Spade with Nails Inc in Uptown Glamour. I think this colour would be fab with an LBD if it was the reception you were attending. If built up in colour it can be such a statement or alternatively one or two coats can be a sheer shimmer for the nails. I have put a gold shimmer over this colour before at Christmas time and it looked gorgeous! 

Finally the Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Colour in Pink in the Park. I think this pale pink would be a great bridesmaid colour or if you were to wear a classic floral print dress. Its neutral but pretty and is just so pretty and appropriate for a wedding. It has fantastic staying power and is also lovely and glossy on the nails as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment