Saturday 16 August 2014

Stila in the lights pallette

        believe in the beauty of the future 
                                                                   - sara lucera


I recently made a cheeky trip into my local Boots and was highly distracted by the newly installed Stila counter. I am basically a Stila virgin apart from one slap dash lipgloss purchase a few years ago in London and I actully think I then lost said lipgloss on the same trip. This time I decided to try a few of Stila's most hyped products as I guessed this would be a pretty fail safe way of buying some great new products. Today I am goin to embarassingly rave in devotion about the in the lights palette which I am having a full blown love affair with at the minute.


The gorgeous thing comes with 10 beautiful neutral shades with a mix of matte, slightly shimmery and full on glitters thrown in. Personally I love glitter so this palette was a win for me from the beginning. I firstly want to breifly mention my love/hate feelings on the packaging. I love the colour of the rose gold casing but it is made out of a a pretty flimsy material which is a bit stained, scratched and dented already. That is genuinely my only complaint about this palette though, which is pretty fantastic really.

First of all the colours are just stunning, they are shimmery, elegant, effervescent goodness that are so complimentary to any eye colour. The pigmentation and colour pay off is just ridiculously good, one swipe and you get the most rich beautiful colour across the lid. I must agree with the blogging community when they rave about the gorgeous champagne shade kitten, it is just gorgeous. If you don't want to splurge on the palette I would strongly suggest at least picking up the single shade. I also have to give a special mention to the golden shimmer bubbly and the warm, toasted bronze shade in sunset. Both of these colours have already been dipped into several times this month.


As a little bonus the palette comes with an amazing brown liner, which is the perfect compliment to all of these shadows. I have been using it on the daily, with or without the shadows. The formula is creamy and long lasting and I can't get enough of it, I have actually ordered a back up and two other shades of this product. I am sure I will refuse these sometimes this month.

All in all if I had to choose my favourite neutral palette in the light would 100% be up there. It is also such a reasonable price at £25 in Boots, but after some googling I have noticed you can get it cheaper on www.beautybay.com and www.feelunique.com

No comments:

Post a Comment